With Soon you can easily pass on when you are or aren’t available to work. This ensures that your scheduled more frequently when it suits you and prevents you from having to change with colleagues.
There are a few different ways you can communicate your availability and there is also the possibility to request leave. This article just about availability.
There are two rules regarding availability. These are:
1. Custom Availability> Default availability
So that you are fast and yet flexible with your availability.
2. Unavailable> Available
To prevent you accidentally available.
Where can I change my availability?
By going to MySchedule.
2 types available
To be as flexible as possible, we have two different types of availability.
- Default availability - for your 'standard' days
- Custom Availability - for specific moments that occur once
Availability for 1 day
The simplest way to pass on availability is to do this for one specific day.
- You press the "+" button on the left at the bottom of the screen.
- Then choose Availability
- Make the choice between Available or Available (unavailable)
- Add a title
- Select the time that matters, this can also be the whole day then choose "all day"
- Check the date and time zone
- Click on Create
- Now you can choose to apply it only for the date you chose in step 6 by choosing the top button - OR - you can choose to use this availability on multiple dates by pressing the bottom button.
Permanent availability for one or more days every week
Another way to communicate your availability is to do this for fixed days in the week. This is especially useful if, for example, you can only work between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Example to set every Wednesday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm as available
- Choose a Wednesday
- Leave it on Available
- Set the time from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Choose Update
- Press "Update all Wednesdays" to enable this every Wednesday.
Several days a week
If you want to apply it next Wednesday on other days of the week, then at step 5 on "Update Multiple Days."
You availability setting remains the same, you can choose which days to have more apply. At first you see that in this case the Wednesday are selected, because we started with that, you can adjust this by switching other days on or off.
Suppose we want the availability of 08:00 - 16:00 on Monday and Friday next to Wednesday. Then we choose Monday and Friday, and then press "Update".